CYBERGIG Pty Ltd ABN 67248514778 respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
Collection of personal information
- CyberGig will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
- The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Identifying information such as name, date of birth and employment details;
- contact information such as home address, home and mobile phone numbers and email address;
- Your resume which contains information such as your career, professional experience and education qualifications;
- Financial information, such as bank account and credit card details;
- Sensitive information, including information about your health or health services provided to you;
- Information about your activities, including sporting and other lifestyle interests; and
- Information about involvement in other programs you participate in or memberships you may have.
- You generally have the right not to identify yourself when dealing with us where it is lawful and practicable for us to allow it. However, on many occasions we will not be able to do this, for instance when you wish to register as an Advisor.
- If you do not provide or authorise the provision of personal information we request, we may be unable to provide you with some or all of our products and services or the product and services of third parties.
How we collect your personal information
Use of your personal information
- CyberGig may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you, provided by us, our partners, service providers and customers. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- CyberGig may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers, customers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services, or for marketing purposes.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of CyberGig, our website and App and that of our customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia. It is not practicable to list all the countries in which the information we collect may be located, but these may include the United States, the Philippines, India and New Zealand.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information andnon-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- Direct marketing communication is any information we may send you to tell you about our services, products, or any other activity which we consider may be of interest to you. In general, we collect this information directly from you. These communications may be sent by various meansincluding mail, email, SMS or telephone, according to applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
- You may opt out of receiving further direct marketing communications from us by using an opt out facility provided in the direct marketing communication. We seek to make this as simple as practicable, and will comply with your request.
- You can also opt out at any time by contacting us by email.
- At times, we may collect, use or disclose personal information collected from a third party, such as a data list provider for direct marketing purposes. We will provide you with an opt out facility in the direct marketing communication and draw your attention to this fact.
- If we engage another organisation to assist us in carrying out direct marketing on our behalf we will ensure contractual arrangements with our supplier reflect our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Security of your personal information
- CyberGig is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you orbelieve that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
Website & App
- When you come to our website (www.cybergig.com) or use our Mobile Software Application (“App”) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site or App, such that we can improve our service.
- Our site or App may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Cybergig is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information